Saturday, October 8, 2011

Matthew Sweet - Get a Free Mp3, Remind Yourself of His Greatness



You know who is still fine? Matthew Sweet. Very few can pull in influences from the last 4 or 5 decades, twist them into pure power pop genius, and unravel them into consistently spiffy modern aural full course meals. His new one, Modern Art, is no different. Full album review coming soon, I promise. But I never promised you a rose garden.

First two tracks below are from Modern Art, the ones below it you know and love. You should, anyway.

She Walks The Night (Radio Edit) by Matthew Sweet

Matthew Sweet - Late Nights With The Power Pop by The Vinyl District

Sick Of Myself by Matthew Sweet

We're The Same by Matthew Sweet

Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet

Time Capsule by Matthew Sweet











2 comments:

Michael said...

"She Walks The Night" has to be the best song the Byrds never wrote. I stand reproved for my shameful neglect of Matthew Sweet, and plan to correct my oversight immediately. Sometimes the blizzard of musical output generally obscures the truly worthy. Thanks, and I don't know why I wasn't following your blog before, but I am now.

chris yak said...

Glad you liked it. Pretty obvious Byrds reference there, so I didn't even mention it - I knew people like you would get it immediately. Thanks for commenting.