Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Songs


photo by Janet Dancer

In my town, it's been an amazing summer - very warm, no mosquitos, all good. However, it's left me little time to post here - sorry. Here's a few tunes that have spelled summer for me, old and new.

Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks


Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People




Foster The People - Pumped up kicks (SLEEPING KILLS THE DREAM refix) by aboynamedalyn




Bruce Cockburn - Wondering Where the Lions Are

Bruce Cockburn - Wondering Where The Lions Are by True_North_Records

Graham Shaw & the Sincere Serenaders - Can I Come Near

2 comments:

Albert Bannatyne said...

"Can I Come Near" - is that the sweetest sounding stalker song ever, or what? "I've been watching you for weeks on end..."

But 5 years ago I asked you if you had it, and you acted as if you had never hard of it...

chris yak said...

What about Every Breath..., or Death Cab for Cutie's I will Possess Your Heart?
Anyhow, it wasn't that I hadn't heard it, I just couldn't remember what label he was on, because I thought I might have had it on a compilation somewhere. But Mr. Shaw will give you the mp3 if you go here - http://shawbiz.com/discography2.html