Sunday, February 21, 2010

Music from the Antipodes pt. 1

A fellow music-obsessive sent me an F150's worth of info, video, and infectious enthusiasm based on artists from New Zealand. I'm still wading through the joy, here's the first installment of many.

Dimmer is a band that features Shayne Carter, a fella who wrote great songs in Straitjacket Fits years ago...and I never knew what happened after that band imploded. Thanks, Dyan! Dimmer supposedly have some shows coming up in New York and LA, wish they'd come to my neck of the woods.

Dimmer - Cold Water (from 4th album Degrees of Existence)


Dimmer - Don't Even See Me


Something makes me think that this is a fan-created video, but the song shows a different side of the band, so here's Powerchord.



I'd say this one offers another view of the band, 'cos it's both live and a cover (of Machine Song by The Gordons).


One more live one for good measure, Drop You Off.


Straitjacket Fits - Down in Splendour


Straitjacket Fits - She Speeds

No comments: